Your Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 14-06-2018 02:48:24

apple527
Membre

Gaston Silva Uruguay Jersey

As their children grow up Miranda Brazil Jersey , every set of parents has a different idea as to what should be the main focus of their upbringing and how they should spend their free time, especially when it comes to extra curricular activities. Some parents place a huge emphasis on academics and want their children doing extra reading or working with a tutor. Other parents are heavily into sports and want their children to focus on sports. Some parents simply want their children to be children and don?t push them in any particular direction at all.

In most cases Marquinhos Brazil Jersey , schools give children at least some opportunity to participate in a team sport. Along with the team sports that are taught during physical education classes, there are usually a few varsity sports teams that will represent the school while competing against other schools in the area. In addition to this Marcelo Grohe Brazil Jersey , most communities have a few organized sports leagues that children can be active in.

In my opinion, participation in team sports is vital to healthy social Luiz Gustavo Brazil Jersey , physical and emotional development. Participating in a sports team exposes children to a range of challenges in a team environment where they are forced to work with others, rely on others at times and also to encourage or root for others on their team. All of this leads to the development of a cooperative mindset. Now although all of this sounds ideal Lucas Moura Brazil Jersey , I am aware that it does not always work out this way. Some times a child might be a ?ball hog? and refuse to pass the ball, or want to score all of the goals themselves. But with time Lucas Lima Brazil Jersey , even this child learns at some point that they must work with others if they want to see true success.

Some kids just love sports and have a natural tendency towards them. There is very little that a parent could do to stop a child like this from participating in sports. Other children are quite nonchalant about sports, and some children even hate sports. A variety of factors can influence the way that children feel about sports. Sometimes they are shy or insecure about the abilities yet with a little encouragement they will get out there and do fine. At times Kaka Brazil Jersey , a child may have a physical attribute that they are conscious or overly conscious about that stops them from doing a sporting activity they would love. I encourage parents to find at least one team sport that their children can become involved in. Not all team sports have to be high impact activities or ?popular? sports. A swim team is great for a child that is not boisterous or overly physical. Some schools have sailing as an extra curricular activity which again falls outside of the typical team sport.

I believe that team sports teach children not only how to compete, but how to compete fairly within structured boundaries. This is an important life lesson and the skills and the disciplines that they learn in sports will definitely last them a lifetime. Team sports will teach children how to communicate Jonas Brazil Jersey , since most team sports require children not only to talk to each other while the activity is taking place but also how to plan strategies for an upcoming event and how to debrief or review things that have happened in a game. Perhaps most importantly, team sports teach children how to succeed and how to fail since inevitably throughout each season of their sport their team will do both. With every win and loss Jemerson Brazil Jersey , children learn coping skills. These again are important skills to develop in a child and they will last them throughout life.

NANNING, June 21 (Xinhua) -- The traditional midsummer dog meat festival in a southern Chinese city has opened amid criticism, and it seems that the festive air has been somewhat diluted this year.

The festival is held in Yulin City, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, every summer solstice. Called a carnival of cruelty by many, the festival has been bombarded by animal rights activists and dog lovers for years.

"Business is especially bad this year. I could sell over 30 dogs every day in previous years, but now I can only sell five at the most," said a butcher in the city who would only give his family name Zhong.

Zhong, who has been in the business for 20 years, blames the dog lovers, saying that many of his old customers dare not buy dog meat for fear of getting into trouble.

In recent years, some protestors have gone into the streets of Yulin during the festival, kneeling down or holding protest signs in front of diners.

"My son, a high school student, used to eat dog meat with us, but he decided to never eat it again last year under pressure from his friends," he said.

Traditionally, residents would butcher tens of thousands of dogs on the streets, but the bloody spectacle is a rare sight in the city today.

Xie Pingqing, 46, said that his family has given up their tradition. "The environment has changed and there is much moral pressure on dog eaters today," he said.

Xie also noted that some people who avoid going to dog meat restaurants still cook it at home.

LEGITIMATE TRADITION OR BARBARISM?

As a custom dating back to the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), Yulin residents ate dog meat with lychee at summer solstice, believing the practice keeps illness at bay.

In the eyes of local resident Zhong Guanghai, the festival is associated with happy memories of family gatherings. "Since I was a child, my family would gather on this day, eating dog meat and lychee while drinking lychee wine. It has always been a sweet moment," he recalled.

However, protestors see the custom as an act of brutality. Chen Tianhai, an animal rights activist, said, dogs are friends of human beings and eating dog meat is disrespectful and uncivilized.

A dog lover who only gave his surname Yang said the practice has given rise to an unregulated industry and endangers public health, as many dogs were stolen and poisoned. Much of the meat is completely unregulated.