You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Forum test
  •  » dai in 2007.The revamped offensive line has allowed just 10 sacks, a s

#1 11-09-2019 09:09:30

elaine95
Membre

dai in 2007.The revamped offensive line has allowed just 10 sacks, a s

RENTON http://www.packerscheapshoponline.com/c … ger-jersey , Wash. (AP)Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin had harsh words for the comments made by President Donald Trump regarding the NFL’s new national anthem policy on Thursday, as players began to process the new mandate from the league’s owners.Baldwin has been a leading voice from the players’ perspective for why there were protests last season even though Baldwin never participated in kneeling or sitting on the sidelines during ”The Star-Spangled Banner.”He spoke passionately after the Seahawks concluded their offseason workout and sounded offended by the president’s comments to ”Fox & Friends” in an interview that aired Thursday saying, ”maybe you shouldn’t be in the country” if you don’t stand for the anthem.”He’s an idiot. Plain and simple,” Baldwin said. ”I respect the man because he’s a human being first and foremost, but he’s just being divisive, which is not surprising. It is what it is. But for him to say anybody who doesn’t follow his viewpoints or his constituents viewpoints should be kicked out of the country is not very empathetic. It’s not very American like, actually, to me. It’s not very patriotic. It’s not what this country was founded upon. It’s kind of ironic to me the President of the United States is contradicting what our country is really built on.”Baldwin was among a handful of players that have expressed frustration and disappointment with the NFL mandating players must stand for the national anthem if they’re on the field, though they now have the option of remaining in the locker room for the playing of the anthem and carry on the campaigns against social injustice.Even normally reserved Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson agreed with the sentiment that the owners’ decision was a message to players to essentially be quiet.”Pretty much. I think that’s part of it. It seems that way,” Wilson said. ”But I think a policy right or wrong is not going to fix our problems.”The new policy allows teams to adopt their own workplace rules, which many players interpreted as a backhanded way of subjecting them to fines, suspensions or loss of jobs should they carry on with the protests.For Baldwin, who is among the players to have worked with the league on addressing social concerns and community programs, the anthem decision felt like a step back.”If you’re asking my opinion Dexter Williams Jersey , I think that in conjunction with the NFL, the way that things were going, I felt on the Players Coalition side of things we were coming to an amicable agreement and relationship and working toward initiatives and causes that we wanted to see as players addressed, I thought that you would see the demonstrations and the issues within the NFL dissipate,” Baldwin said.”But again, when you stoke the fire and inflame a gap that was really dissipating at the time, diffusing, you cause more problems. That’s why I say I think the NFL missed it.”Others around the league didn’t see the policy as a potential issue.”I’m really not too worried about it. I would expect that everybody’s gonna be out there with their hand over their heart, showing respect to the flag and to the country,” New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees said.But teammate Demario Davis had mixed emotions about the policy. His father served in the military, but he also understands why players have been protesting.”I just think that when you love something – you care about it – you want to work to get it right. I love my children. When they do wrong things, I’m going to let them know they’re doing wrong things. I’m not just going to sweep it under the rug because I love them,” Davis said.”I think that’s the difference between patriotism and nationalism. Nationalism is loving your country just to love it, you know Nick Bosa Jersey , even when it’s right or wrong, you’re going to take the side of your country. Patriotism is loving it enough to sacrifice for it, but also to call it (out) when it’s wrong.”The people who are speaking up for the people who are hurting have a deep love and devotion for our country. That’s kind of gotten misconstrued at times. But it’s important for people to understand that.”The decision by the owners was an attempt to quell a firestorm by moving protests away from the public eye and potentially lure back disgruntled fans. But in the process they may have disgruntled their employees and rekindled what appeared to be an issue that was dying down.”I feel like it might want to make people just want to rebel, just like when Trump said what he said last year,” Denver linebacker Brandon Marshall said.”People rebelled. And let’s be clear. I know they say they’ll fine the team, but players don’t care about that. Players don’t care about the teams get fined.”—AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Stapleton and AP Sports Writer Brett Martel contributed to this report.— INDIANAPOLIS — Andrew Luck‘s health was Indianapolis‘ biggest question the past two years. But halfway through his comeback season, the star quarterback looks like his old self and the numbers suggest he’s actually playing better.Luck’s strong return has helped the Colts win back-to-back games for the first time in nearly two years, and they head into the bye weekend full of momentum and hope.“He made some incredible plays. I mean some incredible plays, conversions on third downs, plays that he shouldn’t make, plays that normal quarterbacks don’t make,” first-year coach Frank Reich said, describing Luck’s impressive game Sunday at Oakland.Many wondered if Luck could ever regain the form that had many calling him the league’s best young quarterback before Indy took him with the No. 1 overall draft pick in 2012.He exceeded the hype by leading the Colts to playoff appearances and earning Pro Bowl selections in each of his first three seasons.Then came the injuries and the losses. Luck hurt his right shoulder early in the 2015 season and wound up missing nine games — the last seven with a lacerated kidney. He sat out one game in 2016 with a concussion and missed the entire 2017 season after having surgery for a partially torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.But he’s answered the critics with a solid first half.Indy (3-5) needs one more win to match last season’s victory total and faces the second-easiest schedule over the second half. The Colts are two games out of the AFC South lead with five division games remaining and Luck getting even stronger.He is 225 of 342 with 2,187 yards L.J. Collier Jersey , 23 touchdowns — a pace to set career highs in each category including completion rate (65.8 percent). He’s also flirting with the best rating of his career at 96.2. He had a 96.4 in 2016.Numbers tell only part of the tale, though.Luck has done it despite losing top receiver T.Y. Hilton for two games with a hamstring injury, Pro Bowl tight end Jack Doyle for five games with an injured hip and five different starting lineups on the offensive line.“You’re returning from an injury, you’re learning a new system, you’ve got T.Y. Hilton and some receivers hurt and you’re breaking in some new linemen — it’s not going to be as easy as people think,” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said before last weekend’s game. “I’ve got a lot of respect for what he has done in this league and what his capabilities are.”An improving cast could make Luck and Co. even tougher to contend with.From 2012-17, Colts running backs topped the 100-yard mark just four times. Last week, Marlon Mack became Indy’s first back with consecutive 100-yard games since Joseph Addai in 2007.The revamped offensive line has allowed just 10 sacks, a stark contrast to the 156 times Luck went down in his first 70 starts. In fact, Luck hasn’t been sacked in three games — the longest stretch since he left Stanford.Part of the explanation is Reich’s philosophical change, asking Luck to make quicker decisions.That, too, has showed in the numbers.His completion rate and rating against defenders within 1 yard of a receiver have jumped from 25.9 percent and a 45.0 rating in 2016 to 36.0 and 72.5 this season.And while his throws over 20 yards have declined from 2016 to 2018, his rating on throws between 11 and 20 yards has gone from 99.0 to 106.0.The one bugaboo continues to be interceptions. Luck has thrown eight this season http://www.seahawkscheapshops.com/cheap … air-jersey , putting him on a pace to throw more than he has in all but two seasons. But five of them came in Weeks 5 and 6; he had none in the two games prior and none in the two games after.“No one on this team is going to go out with a sort of harness on them and say you can’t go play full speed,” Luck said recently. “I think our coaches do a great job of allowing us to play free and fast and loose, but within that, I guess at the same time you have to play disciplined.”Where would the Colts be if Luck had stayed healthy?Nobody knows.Yes, he would have reached 20,000 yards passing sooner. The Colts may not have missed the playoffs each of the past three seasons. His progression may have been a little steadier.But, for now, the Colts are just happy to have Luck back, playing well.“When you have the quarterback that we have, there is an expectation that we have to score points,” Reich said. “Everybody in this building knows we have an elite quarterback.”100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehta

• Index
  •  » Forum test
  •  » dai in 2007.The revamped offensive line has allowed just 10 sacks, a s